Subject: Re: BootLoader
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/01/2003 10:04:21
 Ar an 31ú lá de mí 3, scríobh Manuel Bouyer :

 > On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:00:00PM +0100, Jean-Edouard BABIN wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I am wondering what i need to do to reinstall the netbsd bootloader
 >
 > Which one ? The one which selects the partition you boot, or the one
 > which loads the kernel ?
 >
 > > I have tried lots of thinks but nothing work
 > > I have try:
 > > /usr/mdec/installboot /usr/mdec/biosboot.sym /dev/rwd0a
 > > (there is another installboot in /usr/sbin !)
 >
 > /usr/mdec is the correct one for 1.6

A question; is the ability to install a bootloader dependent on the secure
level? If I'm in securelevel 2, can I write a bootloader?

--
"I have heard the swelling cry of the English speaking peoples of the
world, and it tells me their cause is served best by flaming the few