Subject: Re: TangTop USB KVM weirdness?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/2003 16:18:33
On 29-Mär-03 Peter Seebach wrote:

> So, there was a messag last July from someone who had a TangTop USB KVM, and
> it crashed 1.5.2.  I have one of these, and I'm seeing maybe 5% character loss
> typing through it from a USB keyboard, plus a few kernel hangs.  Should I
> just stay far away?

The kernel panic happens when you unplug the USB keyboard. AFAIK KVMs
usually "unplug" it when switching. It happens because the keyboard is
recognized as ukbd and uhid and the kernel gets confused when it tries to
remove uhid but it is already gone.

To fix this make sure that uhid isn't in the kernel or update to 1.6.
Dunno about the char loss.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII