Subject: Inverted channel on soundcard
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/2003 21:10:03
Hi all,

I'm running a Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop with onboard ESS 1878 sound.  My
1.6P kernel calls it:

ess0: ESS Technology ES1878 [version 0x688b]

Which seems pretty standard.  The audio system works perfectly normally except
for one flaw: one of the stereo channels is inverted.  I don't know which
channel; if it matters I can find out.  Anyhow, this makes listening to audio
extroardinarily irritating to me, and I'd like to find a way around it.  I'm not
sure if this is a hardware problem or a driver problem, but so far I've found no
solutions.  I thought I might be able to pipe audio through sox, but sox doesn't
appear to be able to invert channels.  Does anyone out there have any brilliant
ideas?

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu