Subject: Re: "real" OpenBSD compat - how hard would it be?
To: Alaric B. Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/2003 08:57:39
On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 08:27  AM, Alaric B. Snell wrote:

>> I suspect that would be a largely fruitless effort.
>
> /me wails and hides from the hatred that can only exist between two
> rival OS
> projects, or maybe editors.

More like "OpenBSD has nothing to gain from doing so".  Besides, their
continued use of an obsolete object format (a.out) stands as evidence
that they're unwilling to change their toolchain.

> Yep, in this case, but for other binary compatability situations?

I think it goes without saying that starting with ELF is pretty much
better in any binary compatibility situation.