Subject: xeon chipsets: intel e7501 or serverworks
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Glass <adam@clarity.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2003 15:52:34
Is anyone out there using NetBSD on a Xeon system with the Intel E7501
chipset?  I didn't come up with anything searching the list archives
(or the general 'net) with Google, but surely someone out there has
tried this.  If not, can anyone out there recommend any dual-Xeon
boards that work well with NetBSD?

My vendor is building me some Xeon systems.  I recall that NetBSD
doesn't support UDMA for IDE on ServerWorks chipsets because they
never released the spec, or something like that.  It looks like some
work was done to fix that back in May 2002:
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/04/03/0007.html
But did that make it into 1.6?  I don't run -current.

Thanks much.