Subject: Re: patches for sis pciide available
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2003 15:34:46
On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 07:50:39PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> I have made some major changes to the sis pciide support (from infos
> glaned in the freebsd driver) for better support, especially of the
> newer chips. In
> ftp://antioche.lip6.fr/pub/bouyer/tmp/sis/
> you'll find:
> the pach against current
> a current GENERIC kernel binary
> boot floppy images
>
> Even if you have a chipset which works fine with the old code, please test.
> There have been a lot of changes, especially in the way chipsets are
> identified.

Sorry, there was a mistake in my patch which prevented DMA from being used at
all. New binaries and patch available from
ftp://antioche.lip6.fr/pub/bouyer/tmp/sis/

If you have a SiS chipset, give it a try. For newer chipsets, performances
should be better (Ultra/100 and Ultra/133 should now be used on chipsets that
can do it).