Subject: Re: Notebook recommendations
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/20/2003 14:29:21
In message <20030220153642.GB3609@newton.cs.uni-bonn.de>, Ignatios Souvatzis wr
>we might purchase a small number of Notebooks. At least some of them will
>will run NetBSD.  (1.6.1)

>Any specific models to avoid, other than Sony VAIO?

>Any specific experiences with Siemens (is that Fujitsu-Siemens) Lifebook
>E-=7010?

I can probably say enough good things about my ThinkPad A31p, but not easily.

It's not perfect, but no notebook is.  It's *very* nice.  Built-in 10/100
ethernet, firewire, USB, 802.11b, serial, parallel.  The only built-in thing
that doesn't seem to work is the modem.  Good audio.  Excellent video.
The display itself is so beautiful that I only occasionally use a physical
monitor.  I am utterly in love with it.  :)

-s