Subject: VMware emulator 3.x fullscreen mouse support
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Aldous <Matthew@Aldous.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/2003 15:15:39
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has had any luck using
VMware-workstation-3.2.0-2230
in full screen mode? After enabling DGA using the following in my
XF86Config:

--
SubSection  "extmod"
    Option  "xfree86-dga"

vmware then reported:

--
MKS|[msg.mouse.badDevice] Cannot open host mouse device "/dev/wsmouse0":
No such file or directory
--

This could be expected, as ws* devices aren't used under linux - I've
tried a symlink (as

--
MKS[msg.mouse.badDevice] Cannot open host mouse device "/dev/wsmouse0":
Device or resource busy

I have a USB mouse (wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0) - and was wondering if a
PS/2 mouse
(and a new kernel config) might work, or if there is another way to
share a mouse device?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Aldous.