Subject: Re: Problem with aic7899
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/2003 01:23:44
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:45:11PM -0700, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> Is it just this card?  The newer driver uses a tad bit more of
> the scratch ram on the chip.  It wouldn't surprise me if one of your
> cards has a spotty ram location that just isn't used by the older driver.
> Can you swap the card and see if the problem is persistent?

Hm, well, it's on-board, and I have no card to replace it. I suppose
a wider test audience might show if I have a hardware problem or not.

I actually did patch the driver to use less SCBs at one point, but
I recall still seeing the problem. What would be the easiest way to
make it use less scratch ram?

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com