Subject: Re: Problem with aic7899
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/2003 17:06:39
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 08:29:31AM -0700, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> More likely, NetBSD is still using a very ancient port of the aic7xxx
> driver.

I've actually done a port your newer driver (taken from FreeBSD-current
at the end of last year), keeping the differences to a minimum. I wrote
a NetBSD shim, much like the one already present for FreeBSD and Linux.

It works fine on one system, but fails on another one, in a way I don't
quite understand, and which doesn't seem to be related to NetBSD-specific
code. However, since it does work in FreeBSD, something specific to NetBSD
must obviously be the cause.

So I've put it aside for now, but I'd like to get it finished.. if only
I could figure out what's wrong.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com