Subject: Re: APM *and* ACPI or is it APM *or* ACPI?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2003 11:22:37
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> writes:
> Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > The FreeBSD Thermal Zone driver works perfectly well, by the way,
> > without much effort in our framework. I'm thinking very strongly of
> > simply using it.
>
> What interface does it export to userland? Would it be possible
> to present it via sysmon, or would it need it's unique thing?

It would be possible to make it use the current interface to tell
userland the temperature. However, the "tell the user the temperature"
part of the Thermal Zone stuff is the smallest part of it -- like the
paint on a car vs. the rest of the car. The parts that are actually
important deal with doing things like keeping your system from
melting.

Perry