Subject: Re: APM *and* ACPI or is it APM *or* ACPI?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2003 17:16:29
Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> The FreeBSD Thermal Zone driver works perfectly well, by the way,
> without much effort in our framework. I'm thinking very strongly of
> simply using it.

What interface does it export to userland? Would it be possible
to present it via sysmon, or would it need it's unique thing?

It's true that 'driver' for ACPI fan is not very useful per se.
Some daemon software would actully need to switch the fan
on/off appropriately.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/