Subject: Re: questions about netbsd
To: KroNiC~BSD <kronic_bsd@fastmail.fm>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/2003 00:26:14
On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:45:49PM -0600, KroNiC~BSD wrote:
> OK, Thanks.....Now would it be possible to use another algorithm such as
> AES or Blowfish?

Blowfish is already in -current, you can port AES if you want :)

> I am still trying to find out what's different in regards to security in
> netbsd vrs. openbsd. Openbsd says they use encryption built into several
> areas of the operating system....anyone know exactly which areas and how
> if needed i can add this to the appropriate areas of netbsd?

I don't follow openbsd closely, but I don't think there are much differences
here. A few things may be done differently (e.g using a cgd device to encrypt
swap, instead of encrypt swap natively), but I think both systems can do
almost the same thing.

> Another question: Can i encrypt the swap space on netbsd?

See above: yes, with cgd (under NetBSD-current)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>