Subject: MP Duh's
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: D. E. Evans <sinuhe@xmission.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/09/2003 16:34:22
Am I correct in understanding that all userland software must be
written to either 1) multi-thread with a second processor or 2)
run on the second processor directly, to take advantage of the
MP kernel?

If I understand this correctly, what software--outside of seti--
is written to do this?  Or another way of asking the question:
is my 440FX dual 266mhz system running the second processor
idly?  If so, how do I take advantage of the new MP capabilities?

I've have looked in the online documentation, and the mailing
list archives, and oddly have not found this question directly
asked.
--
D. E. Evans
<sinuhe@xmission.com>