Subject: Re: ex0: couldn't map interrupt
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/09/2003 09:13:51
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:50:59AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:15:18AM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > > Did you check your BIOS options (make sure nothing is disabled, and
> > > PnP OS is set to no) ?
> >
> > btw. what does this 'PnP OS' option in BIOS exactly mean? I cheched the
> > Ports/i386 web pages and didn't found any explanation of it. Is it
> > related to isapnp or is it something more general?
>
> It's a hack for win98. This option tell the BIOS to not allocate resources
> to the PCI cards, leading to problems like "unable to map registers"
> or "no mapping for interrupt"

and for win95 for isapnp cards, where is causes the bios to only
allocate resources to isapnp cards that have the 'required for boot'
bit set in their EEPROM data.  win95 has it's own isapnp resource
allocater to allow it to use isapnp card on systems where the bios
doesn't understand them.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk