Subject: Re: PCI Card: Diamond Supra Modem
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/09/2003 09:39:56
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:18:46PM +0000, JTN wrote:
> I have a Diamond Supra modem card installed on the PCI bus.  However,
> the device is never configured during boot, though it is recognized
> during boot. The list of PCI devices supported under 1.6 does NOT
> include this card.  Is there a way to get this card configured?

No!

Those cards are not trully 'hardware' modems, but need device driver
software to do a fair amount of the work.  The manufactures won't
release the information required to write this code, so it doesn't
exist for anything except windows (there might be a binary driver
available for one specific version of Redhat Linux...)

> The card runs fine under Windows 2000.

My one doesn't work fine under win98!

I bought an external async (not USB) modem for £25 that actually
connects at a faster rate then the PCI card one did.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk