Subject: Re: 1.6 and SCSI tapes and Amanda
To: None <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2003 20:07:09

    Brian> On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 16:35, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >>

    >> The only consistent thing is that the stack trace is never the same.
    >> I wish I could provide more info than this.  This is my console server,
    >> so I will have to screw around a whole bunch to get a serial console on it.

    Brian> It's imposible to even offer an opinion with out the kernel messages.
    Brian> Do you have the disk setup to dump core to /var/crash ?

  This one, which I already had, is from Dec. 19, 2002.
  I *did* build a new kernel (1.6_STABLE vs 1.6) on the 29th.
  It seems that I can toggle this with just a dump of the SCSI drives to
the hold space on the IDE. I'll do that later, after I clear out /var/crash.

- -rw-------   1 root  wheel   3087933 Dec 19 01:44 netbsd.5
- -rw-------   1 root  wheel  66716180 Dec 19 01:44 netbsd.5.core

istari# gdb netbsd.5
GNU gdb 5.0nb1
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) target kcore netbsd.5.core
panic: receive 1
#0  0x100 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x100 in ?? ()
#1  0xc028a7d7 in cpu_reboot ()
#2  0xc01cf7fd in panic ()
#3  0xc01dfafb in soreceive ()
#4  0xc01d4c09 in soo_read ()
#5  0xc01d1c4f in dofileread ()
#6  0xc01d1bb3 in sys_read ()
#7  0xc028f92c in syscall_plain ()
#8  0xc0100d26 in syscall1 ()
can not access 0xbfbfd900, invalid translation (invalid PDE)
can not access 0xbfbfd900, invalid translation (invalid PDE)
Cannot access memory at address 0xbfbfd900
(gdb)