Subject: Re: Kernel Messages Using CDR/CD-ROM
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2003 21:59:19
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:53:44PM -0200, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> On  0, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
>
> > This is harmless.
> > The cd driver is now trying to get a partition table from the CD, and
> > of course it can't get one, especially when the CD is blank. These errors
> > are because the driver tries to read a blank CD.
>
> I'm trying to eliminate these messages from appearing in console, so I commented this line in syslog.conf:
>
> #*.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv.none;mail.crit       /dev/console
>
> No effect.

It may be the @root line, or the fact that kernel printfs always print to
the console without going though syslog.
If you want to get rid of them just commenting out the readdisklabel()
call (and the errstring stuff following it) should do what you want,
without functionality loss in the usual cases.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>