Subject: Re: is it boot or is it me?
To: Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2003 18:24:28
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 06:59:26PM +0100, Marc Recht wrote:
> Since the bootblocks still aren't working for me and I've seen no
> discussion nor PR about this, I thought I just gonna ask? Are the
> cuurent bootblocks actually working for someone?
> For me boot just "hangs" (Last tested with today's biosboot).
> (Booting the system from a NetBSD 1.6 CD works fine..)

It is possible that the code is failing due to some 'oddity' of
your system.  It definitely works on some...

At what point does it hang?
What does fdisk and disklabel report for the disk geometry?
What does 'sysctl machdep.diskinfo' report?

Have you checked the mbr boot code as well?
(that hasn't been changed yet)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk