Subject: Re: 1.6 and SCSI tapes and Amanda
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@tangro.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2003 13:41:58
Am 03.02.2003 um 16:35 Uhr -0500  schrub Michael Richardson:
>The machine was recently upgraded to 1.6, custom kernel.
>
>Kernel config is at: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/SSW
>Dmesg output is at: http://www.sandelman.ca/tmp/istari.dmesg
>
>The system consistently crashes every night while running the tape.
>I would have reported this earlier, but I've been avoiding backups for half
>of January when I was travelling and could not take care of things.
>
>The only consistent thing is that the stack trace is never the same.
>I wish I could provide more info than this.  This is my console server,
>so I will have to screw around a whole bunch to get a serial console on it.

Please send your /etc/fstab. I have two machines running 1.6 (an i386
PPro and a sparcstation 10) as Amanda server; both of them crash or
lock up regularly with mfs and/or softdep mounts enabled.

Try to disable both and see.

AFAICT softdep still has trouble with high IO load.

	hauke

--
          Hauke Fath                      /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
tangro software components gmbh          \ /    No HTML/RTF in email