Subject: Re: Compiling 1.6 Kernel
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: James T. Nelson <jnelson@wiai.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2003 09:50:51
I am running under GENERIC 1.6 now, and have been for some months.  I would
have thought that upgrading to 1.6 would have built a new toolchain.
Are you saying that upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.6 using the upgrade procedure
instead of the complete new installation does not provide a complete 1.6
system?  Would it be better to do a clean installation?

Perhaps I should take the opportunity to do a clean installation with 1.6.1
when it arrives.

Thanks for your help.

JTN