Subject: Re: eap1371_ready_codec timeout problem v1.6
To: Video Mike <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2003 18:45:42
On Mon Feb 03 2003 at 07:13:48 -0500, Video Mike wrote:
> Dear NetBSD,
>
> I am getting an error message "eap1371_ready_codec timeout" with the
> Creative Labs CT4810 Sound card.  I searched for a solution to this problem
> and could only find a similar problem back in v1.5.1 with no replies to
> address this so I am requesting help on this one with the v1.6 kernel.  At
> times the system boots normally and I have included the dmesg output to
> show this also. When this problem occurs, I am not even able to boot X11.
> Could this timeout problem be a problem with the VIA chipset?  I have tried
> several BIOS settings and even swapped PCI cards to no avail.  I even
> tried the generic v1.6 and the v1.6G kernel from October of 2002 and still
> have problems.  Any help is certainly appreciated, but, I felt it important to
> let this be known for kernel debugging if this is the case.  Is there a patch
> that I could use to temporarily solve this?

Interesting. So sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't? I fail to
see how this would affect X11, though.

Could you try a 1.6.1 (RC1) kernel. I fixed one problem with the codec
not given enough time to reset in late November and that patch was pulled
up to the 1.6 branch. It just might help you, since this seems to be a
delicate timing issue.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/