Subject: Testing 1.6.1_RC1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2003 16:58:44
Hi,

how can I test 1.6.1_RC1 without changing my working 1.6 installation?
I want to see if the text consoles are now kept healthy when X is running
(PR 18386). The workaround is to go back to XFree 4.1.0, but this causes
problems with certain packages from pkgsrc.

I have no unpartitioned space nor a spare drive. But I have enogh space for a
DOS filedisk inside the Windows partition or perhaps even for a memory disk
(384 MB RAM available).

How can I install it for testing?

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII