Subject: Compiling 1.6 Kernel
To: NetBSD-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nelsonjt@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2003 06:35:14
I can not compile a kernel for version 1.6.

There is a problem with the ENI pci driver, which causes an error in the
compiler.  I have to comment out the 'en' pci driver from the
configuration file.

Make does not know how to make 'vers.o' and stops.

In addition to my edited version, I have tried GENERIC, BOAT_ANCHOR, and
BIKINI, all with the same result.  I was able to do this with 1.5 with
no trouble.  I run 'config FILE, change to the build directory, and
'make depend', then 'make'.

Is there a known problem here, or should I just reinstall on the grounds
that I trashed something somewhere.

Version 1.6 was an upgrade from 1.5.2.

Thanks in advance.

J T Nelson