Subject: Re: thinkpad T30 apm lockups anyone?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@bsd.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/2003 12:36:13
On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 01:29:41PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <20030130145626.A12476@cargo-cult.k.bsd.de>, Christoph Badura writes
> :
> I do know that IBM laptops have to have network interfaces ifconfig'ed
> down to suspend.  Here's my /etc/apm/suspend:

Thanks.  I guess IBM laptops are a bit picky about network interfaces
when suspending.  The old 600E suspends just fine with the Xircom RBEM-type
card installed.  A co-worker's one with a different card doesn't want to
suspend, though.  I guess it depends on the card and driver support.

Also note that my problems weren't limited to suspending the machine.
Even pressing Fn-F3 to blank the display caused an immediate lockup.

Anyway, I've found the problem with my T30.  I needed to take out
the "agp* at pchb?" line from the kernel config.  With that line
removed the lockups have stopped. Fn-F3 works as intended and suspending
and resuming works as it should too.

I guess I'll still have the X11 issues with suspending, but for that
I'll have to configure X11 first. :-).

--chris