Subject: Problems with [no]suid bits on bootable cd (fwd)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/2003 19:16:32
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:30:01 -0700 (MST)
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org
Subject: Problems with [no]suid bits on bootable cd

I'm trying to create a bootable NetBSD cd and just realiazed that the suid
bit on all suid programs get turned off.  I've read the man pages for
mkisofs, cdrecord, mount, and mount_cd9660, but there doesn't seem to be
anything specifically mentioned that I can see that will help.  I've tried
mount with "-o suid" but this also doesn't seem to make a difference.  For
what it's worth, I've verified the binaries in question ARE suid in my cd
source tree.  Am I making some common "newbe" mistake and missing
something obvious?

  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ http://fox.phoenix.az.us/
    \@/    "Of course it runs NetBSD."