Subject: Cron mail
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: yo _ <exhausted01@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/2003 16:12:36
Hi, this is quite the "newbie-ish" question, but i wasn't sure how else to
get the answer to it. I have 3 cron scripts that are ran daily, and
according to the cron man page, it sends the STDOUT of the script to owner
of the crontab each time it is ran through mail. This is very unnecessary
for some of the scripts i run (or actually all of them) and i was wondering
if there was any way i could disable this behaviour. Also, (another mail
related question) everytime i reboot my machine i get a message sent to
root, about a file edited with vi about 2 months ago, i've only recently
taken notice that this is the same email i get every reboot. What is causing
this, and what file should i delete to keep my machine from sending stray (i
think) emails out. thanks!
-rian