Subject: Re: Archaisms
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Milos Negovanovic <milosn@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/2003 12:33:10
Hi,

Ive managed to install it on an old Toshiba from floppies.

If u chop the base.tgz and other packages and then put peaces on
floppyes, sysinst will keep asking for more even if u have supplied all
parts. So at that point u have to quit the install process. But as a
side effect U'll have all parts seating in /usr/INSTALL : ). So just go
there and do:

cat base.aa base.ab ... base.ap > base.tgz

and U'll get whole base.tgz package. Repeat that for all packages u
want. Also if that doesn't work, u can always manually copy the peaces.

Make sure you read the "Manual install" page (it is somewhere in docs),
and with little trickery U'll get it running.

The only drawback to this approach is that its PAINFULLY slow. Free
afternoon is a must.

Regards
Milos