Subject: Re: Archaisms
To: Emil <ewilke@cwnet.com>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/2003 18:49:15
Emil wrote:

>Hi.
>I've recently come into possession of a Toshiba Satellite 105c, and I'm
>trying to install NetBSD on it.  However, the machine has no CD-drive, and
>the boot floppy image in the i386/installation/floppy/ directory doesn't
>seem to recognize the external one I've got plugged in to the parallel
>port. (I'm using bootlap1.fs and bootlap2.fs)

When I am in that situation, I generally hook up a null-modem to
the serial port and setup slip to another machine.  Then you have
IP and can do an FTP install.  It still takes a very long time,
but at least it doesn't require much in the way of human intervention.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/