Subject: Re: XFree 4: xauth says dispaly :0.0 is invalid
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Forrai <david.forrai@gemair.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2003 10:43:11
That was nothing more than a typo.  According to the xauth man page, the
screen number is ignored by xauth.  The man page says that

# xauth generate "${DISPLAY}" .

should generate ${HOME}/.Xauthority and that's not happening for me.

It isn't working for a local server (one where there is no machine
name/IP address before the ":").  XFree 4.2.0 is based on X11R6.6.
Nothing in the man pages or XFree documents indicate that local
connections to the X server requires special configurations.  I guess
I'll have to dig into the xauth source to unlock this mystery.  Until
then, perhaps configuring the server to run as display localhost:0 will
allow it to work.