Subject: problem booting 1.6 on shuttle SS51G
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/2003 19:45:53
I've just picked up shuttle SS51G, which is a PC cube
motherboard.  I've installed 1.6 sucessfully onto the hard disk
using sysinst (everything seemed to go fine), but when I try
to boot, I get something like this at the bottom of the screen:

F1: windows
F2: netbsd
3

Of course the F1 and F2 lines are printed by the bootloader.
The 3 gets printed when I either select F2, or wait for the
bootloader timeout.  Any ideas on how to debug this problem
further?

I did a google search for "NetBSD shuttle" and found that another
user had to disable ultra-dma in the BIOS to get the machine to
boot.  I've done that, but I still get the same problem.

-russ