Subject: Re: Strange boot message
To: Fredrik Axelsson <fredrik.axelsson@mbox328.swipnet.se>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2003 19:30:15
>I have a newly installed i386 (Celeron) box. Just after the kernel has
>loaded (when the text on the screen turns from green to white) the system
>types "B: not found" on the screen. At system shutdown serveral lines with
>the same text are printed. Does anyone know what's wrong?

it sounds like you have a stray B somewhere in one of the rc files.
try this

	# grep '\<B\>' /etc/rc* /etc/rc.d/* /etc/defaults/*

and see if it points anything out.  a stray B can occur by accident if
you're using vi to edit something and the escape character portion of
the down arrow key arrives some interval before the other two
characters.  i don't really know why this happens (all the characters
should arrive at the same time afaict), but it does.  and it annoys
me.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."