Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 & i386 SMP, ACPI, mly
To: Conrad T. Pino <conrad@pino.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/2003 22:09:05
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 06:47:07PM -0800, Conrad T. Pino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2002-10-01 the i386 SMP branch was merged with -current.
>
> I have a dual CPU Intel N440BX motherboard (has ACPI) with a Mylex
> AcceleRAID 250 connected disk array.  I need stable, secure, non-stop
> operation.  I know, who doesn't want it all and NOW?
>
> Is -current production ready or should I wait for next release with
> SMP support and use Solaris 8 Intel until then?

I've got good results with the 1.6 branch + patches from i386mp_plus16_stable.
To get it:
setenv CVS_RSH ssh
cvs anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -P -r netbsd-1-6 src
cd src/sys/arch/i386
cvs update -dPA -r i386mp_plus16_stable

It would be better to use an anoncvs mirror near you instead of
anoncvs.netbsd.org, you have a list here:
http://www2.fr.netbsd.org/mirrors/#anoncvs

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>