Subject: Re: semi-newbie question-nic,cdrom
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2003 10:05:45
--=.A(X/tIVUvf0Moz

c f ainsworth III <netbsd@optonline.net> wrote:

> Also after my install I tried mounting my cdrom.....
>
> # mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt
>
> I get "no disk label", in fact I got it on 3cds..... so again I am
> missing something obvious. I can hear it spin up, unmount it and eject

Don't be confused by the "no disk label" message. It's pretty normal
because you don't use ffs but cd9660 on CD-ROMs. This message would
disappear if you burned a raw (ffs) image with a disk label onto the
CD-ROM. However, you should have no problems using the CD-ROMs.

Christian

--=.A(X/tIVUvf0Moz

--=.A(X/tIVUvf0Moz--