Subject: Asus terminator + 3 NICs
To: NetBSD-i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrea Rossignoli <software@polin.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2003 13:28:08
Hi,
I'm going to buy an Asus Terminator P4533.
The main reason is "space".
It has a built-in NIC on the motherboard.
I'm asking if you had troubles installing NetBSD 1.6 on it.

That machine has two PCI slots.
I want to install two more NICs on that slots because that PC will act as a
gateway for two internal sub-networks.

So one nic will be connected to an adsl modem,
one nic to a server-netowork ( www, etc )
one nic to a home-network ( printer, laptop, etc ).

Has NetBSD 1.6 problems installing three nics (one is built-in) ?

Some of my questions are simple/stupid,
I'm sorry but I'm a beginner. :-)

Do you think that choosing some 3com PCI NICs is a good choice for NetBSD ?

Advices / suggestions are always appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
$ Andrea