Subject: Re: Adaptec 7899 fails to probe
To: Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2003 20:56:01
Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se> writes:

> I just got hold of a Dell Poweredge 2650 which I'm supposed to install
> netbsd on. However netbsd fails to probe the 7899 adaptec
> scsi-controller... 1.6I snaphot from 20021002 that is.
>
> There is three "not configured" devices reported by that install kernel.
>
> Vendor 0x1028 product 0x000c (Unknown subclass 0x00)
> Vendor 0x1028 product 0x0008 (Unknown subclass 0x00)
> Vendor 0x1028 product 0x000d (IPMI serial bus)
>
> I hope one of these would be my scsi... So if someone can give me a clue
> here to get it working then next thing is to get the SMP working...

The second one of those should be picked up by the aac(4) driver,
which I believe is in both the GENERIC and INSTALL kernels from that
snapshot. The "unknown subclass 0x00" is a little suspicious.. I
wonder if it's not claiming to be an I2O device.

If you could get a dump from pcictl(8) for that device, or do a boot
-d and do "w/l pci_config_dump 1" "c" to get PCI debug information for
it, it would help debug this.

        - Nathan