Subject: Re: 1.5.3 (customised) kernel build failed...
To: port-i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2003 19:24:07
Hello Manuel,

  ASB> uipc_domain.o: In function omaininit':
     > uipc_domain.o(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to rpdomain'
     > uipc_domain.o(.text+0x29): undefined reference to rpdomain'
     > uipc_domain.o(.text+0x33): undefined reference to rpdomain'

  MB> I don't see symbol rpdomain in the kernel. Did you mean
    > arpdomain ?  If so, maybe you did remove all ethernet drivers
    > from the kernel ?

That's pasted straight in from the terminal window.  I wonder if
'omaininit' was originally 'domaininit' and something nibbled off the
leftmost character of each line?  The config file contains...

ex*     at pci? dev ? function ?        # 3Com 90x[B]

                             ...for the machine's 3c905 Ethernet card.
I'm having another go at building the kernel now.

- Andy Ball