Subject: Re: NVidia drivers - an update
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: cube <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2003 23:50:59
Le Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:51:14 +0100
Andrzej Szeszo a écrit :
> Saturday, January 11, 2003, 12:09:50 PM, you wrote:
>
> > By hang-up do you mean panic ? Did you get a core ?
> Not panic and no core. I believe it was only X lockup. Keyboard LEDs
> were responsive. But I couldn't change vt and haven't got opportunity to
> login remotely to reboot machine.

Did dmesg show something after reboot ?

> BTW:
> - you haven't mentioned KVM86 kernel option as required on your page :)

Indeed. I'll fix that.

> - when I switch from nvidia driver to XFree86's nv driver after X
>   server start I get corrupted mouse cursor

Same behaviour here with FreeBSD 4.7. It's either a bug inside the closed
code or in the nv driver. Not critical.

> - your sysctl source patch does not apply to -current (1.6L) source
>   tree, but I'll investigate it later

Well, yeah, I imported sources from a later 1.6K so it messed up.

> - well known palette restoration problem is still present

Don't expect a fix soon. It's more a bug of XFree86 and/or the binary
driver than anything else. It can be worked around in the wsdisplay or
related code.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.