Subject: Re: Ensoniq CT5880 sound card not supported?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/2003 02:01:42
from my earlier post:

> eap0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: Ensoniq CT5880 (rev. 0x03)
> eap0: interrupting at irq 5
> eap0: unknown (0x00000000) codec; no 3D stereo
> audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
> midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART
[...]
> I have a nonrunnable NetBSD 1.5.2 installed, where the installation kernel was
> bootable but the generic kernel snagged at the login point.  I was able to
boot
> that installation kernel and copy the NetBSD generic kernel dmesg to
> msdos-formatted floppy.  That dmesg showed the same problems with the
> Ensoniq CT5880 sound.

: What problems are you having with the CT5880? From that dmesg output, it looks
: like you have a working card..

: Cheers,
: Jared

See the line from my earlier post,
eap0: unknown (0x00000000) codec; no 3D stereo

I remember somebody else had that problem from the days before NetBSD 1.6, and
sound didn't work right in NetBSD.  So I fear I may have the same problem but
don't have NetBSD 1.6, just have the generic and installation kernels for
preview testing.