Subject: Re: Problem in compiling a 1.6 customize kernel
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: david Kwok <dkwok@llk.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/2003 11:13:28
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:26 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 07:55:18AM +0100, david Kwok wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I 've just recently updated the binary to 1.6. Since I wan to activat=
> > IPsec, I need to compile a customize kernel. Upon download the
> > syssrc.tar.gz I have compilation error. I have tried on a different
> > machine and download other version and still have the same error
> > messages:
> >
> > make depend
> > param.c:75: config_file.h: No such file or direcotry
> > In file included from ../../../../net/netiisr.h:62
> >                       from ../../../../dev/ic/tropic.c:60:
> > arp.h:2: warning: 'NNETATALK' redefined
>
> From where did you get syssrc.tar.gz ?

I got the gz file from ftp.netbsd.org and ftp.au.netbsd.org. I have recei=
ved=20
an advise to compile usr.sbin/config and it seems to at least get over th=
e=20
above problem. However, the compilation of the kernel still fail and make=
 was=20
initiated. I have to have a look at the error message to post it.

So far I have done the compilation on 3 different machines and on each=20
occassion, it fails to complete the compilation.

As a related issue I also tried to compile 1.6 kernel with the syssrc.tar=
=2Egz=20
on a 1.5 version system. I think it should still go ok, shouldn't it?

Cheers
David Kwok