Subject: Re: Heads up: i386 MP config change
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@vaasje.org>
From: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/2003 08:49:14

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:07:43AM +1030, wulf@ping.net.au wrote:
> > /sys/arch/i386/compile/HUSKY/../../../../arch/i386/i386/mainbus.c:58: opt_mapci.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > This file appears to be missing. Will re-test once this file becomes available.
>
> Apparently you have not re-run config(8), config will create that file
> for you. the line
>
> defflag opt_mpacpi.h MPACPI
>
> ..in files.i386 makes it do that. Either you did not re-run config, or
> have an out of date i386/conf/files.i386 somehow.

G'dau Frank,

yes, you're correct. I did run config, make depend, make from a
script whilst having a shower and didn't notice that config had
failed.

It builds fine now after correcting the problem. The dmesg output
from a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop can be found on

http://www.ping.net.au/dmesg.log

Will test it on another system later tonight.

cheerio Berndt