Subject: Re: Keyboard doesn't work correctly
To: yo _ <exhausted01@hotmail.com>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2003 19:58:15
Hello yo,

On 04-Jan-03, you wrote:

> i should have mentioned that too. In less or any other program from that
> matter, they don't understand the pageup or pagedown keys or delete, they do
> understand the arrow keys so that isn't a problem. In x though, all the keys
> work correctly in the terminal window (probably since x uses a different
> keyboard driver, and the terminal is an emulated terminal). Any suggestions
> to fixing this?

Yes, X does its own keyboard mapping, independently from wscons. I wanted
to say that I have the same problem, but I just found that it seems to have
disappeared. What release do you have? I have 1.6 and $TERM is vt220.

The delete key is a different thing, it should work the same as the backspace
key because both are mapped the same by wscons. I have changed this to get a
real delete key.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII