Subject: Re: netbsd/pc98
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2003 12:15:32
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 02:08:58PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> please, what's the status of netbsd/pc98 port? I've found several pages
> in Japanese that seemed outdated, and a ftp server:
> egg.math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp , which holds sources up to 1.4.3. Does

To the best of my knowledge 1.4.3 is the last.  Mr. Honda was doing his
best to keep it alive, but no young people have stepped forward to revive
the core team.

It's a real tragedy as these NEC PC98's just run and run.  This PC-9821Bf
was straight out of the dumpster, and has been running for three years
plus with no need for maintenance after the initial install and hardware
changes had been made.

If your a programmer, there's a need.