Subject: shutdown not works right sometimes?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/31/2002 11:56:35
Hi, strange problem here..  I am running on an older laptop, the battery
is buggered so I just have it connected to the mains and shutdown when I'm
not using it. I am running 1.5.2 which is older too but I'm not about to
uprade just yet (unless I want to play with bluetooth)

anyway, "shutdown -h now" works from within a shell in an xterm, but not
direct from the twm menu:

"System Shutdown"	f.exec "exec /sbin/shutdown -D -h now >/dev/null"

in fact, it does a "shutdown now" and kills off inetd, cron, xdm and
syslogd but the system doesnt then run halt or kill the getty running on
the console (ttyE0), so I have to login and halt manually.. any ideas?

iain