Subject: Recommendation on laptops, notebooks or portables for NetBSD.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Fisher <jdf@rse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/2002 11:59:13
Hi,

I am looking to buy a new laptop or a notebook.  And was hoping that I could
get some recommendations on some good ones that NetBSD supports most or all of
the hardware on.  I have been doing as much research as I can, going through
the NetBSD mailing list, searching the net, and so on.  But I am finding most
people are using older hardware that they are going to stop selling, or are not
selling any more.  And I would like to know if there is anyone that just bought
a brand spanking new laptop, notebook or portable and is running NetBSD on it.
How do you like it.  What's the make and model, and the things you got on it?
Is everything working?  What isn't working?

This would be a big help to me, and probably others looking to buy.

Thanks in advance,
John

E-Mail: John Fisher <jdf@rse.com>
Date: 16-Dec-2002