Subject: Re: ccd problem?
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/2002 16:04:43
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 02:34:45PM +1000, Ray Phillips wrote:
>> Do you think the fact that these errors started immediately I began
>> to use a ccd partition was just a bizarre coincidence or are they
>> linked somehow?  The impression I got from scanning the mail archives
>> is ccd is mature and robust these days.
>
> Are your SCSI disks internal or external ?
> If internal it's possible that your power supply it too short.
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>

I agree with Munuel, your power supply is probably not big enough to pull
5 drives and two external SCSI cards, plus whatever else you have in the
system.

If you access to one, you should get a digital meter to check what the red
and yellow leads on one of the drive plugs are doing.  I'm gonna guess
that the 12volt is pulling down below 11 volts every time you try to seek
on one of the hard drives.

Dave

--
Dave Burgess