Subject: Re: pciide question: wd0 as wd2 (Promise Ultra100)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/2002 12:54:58
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Michael Graff wrote:

> Does anything show up as wd0 or wd1, when wd2 appears?

Only the read attempts at wd0, which end in lost interrupts.

I tried again to boot this morning, and it seems that I am able
to reproduce the error only if I take the power completely off the
motherboard for some time. I guess some hw status registers keep the
settings in memory for a while after halting the system but clear up after
taking electricity completely off the motherboard.

I will try to force wd0 on pciide1 and see what happens. If it
works then the problem is only the assigning of the value for
X in wdX. Or what do you think?

Teemu