Subject: Re: bktr driver
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/13/2002 02:39:37
Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au> writes:

> Many of the more advanced applications out there are written for
> linux, against the v4l framework.  I'd like to see NetBSD grow a
> video framework, either directly compatible with this, or via
> something like -lossaudio, so that these apps can be easily ported
> to NetBSD. Some of them seem quite interesting.

I've been looking some at v4l2, it look ok. The only thing I'm don't know
how good it is for netbsd are the mmap interface. There are some minor
details that there is a uint32_t where it really should be a void *.

I've not tried to push in the upwc (philips web camera driver) since I want
to have framework to use.

Love