Subject: Re: Intel i845G on-board graphics
To: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/11/2002 12:23:44
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 09:35:50PM -0500, John Franklin wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 10:08, Daniel Brewer wrote:
> > netbsd != xfree86
>
> Is there any way to tell a NetBSD-modified XFree86 server from a XFree86
> build for NetBSD?  Would the vendor string reported by xdpyinfo mention
> NetBSD?  Would ident XFree86 show any tell-tale sign?

For NetBSD/i386, the XFree that comes with NetBSD contains virtually
no (if at all) changes. If we need to make any changes, we try to
get them integrated into the XFRee86 tree as well. NetBSD/i386 usually
has the most recent release of XFree86 in it.

The changes in the driver talked about here were presumably put into
XFree-current, which we don't track. If they will be in XFree86 4.2.2,
then NetBSD will pick them up when it's released. The current version
of XFree86 in NetBSD is 4.2.1, see /var/run/XFree86.0.log:

XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 3 September 2002

- Frank

--