Subject: Re: Odd performance issue with 'su'
To: David Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
From: Ernst du Toit <et@houseofet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/2002 14:23:38
Sounds indeed like a Kerberos timeout - around NetBSD-1.5 I remember su(1) had Kerberos auth by default but it's changed since then.

Have you installed with Kerberos authentication, but not fully completed the implementation yet? If this is the case, then the delay for the timeout is to be expected, otherwise I'm wondering if the Kerberos-by-default is creeping back in.

Note: Kerberos-by-default is a good thing, IMHO, but then the rest of the install must also walk one through the configuration :)

--et